Thursday, September 16, 2010

9-14-10

I started my day off getting the kids to school and passing out for another couple of hours due to a late night of homework.

I have all of our children are split between two schools.
Chesney, Eli and Trey attend Maypearl Elementary and Middle School.
Tristyn and Krystian attend Northside Elementary in Waxahachie.
It is about 20 min apart.

I received a call from my kids school (Maypearl) around 12 pm stating there was early release at 1 due to a water pipe leak; so I headed out there.
I picked up the two boys first and then Chesney and headed to my mothers for a few hours. The boys have been trying to spend the night with her for a couple of weeks now and because my father is out of town in Nairobi it is too hard on her, so she told them no not tonight.
I told Chesney to tell the boys to come down it was time to leave. Now let me explain that all my kids have issues about sitting in the front seat, or who's turn is it - so I started designating days for each kid, all day long, no matter what, if you choose to give up your spot you cannot take it back, you cannot take someone Else's day it is gone, so either keep the day or give it up.
Well I thought it would solve my problems, it hasn't.
I am getting in the car and it is Trey's turn today. Eli is standing outside the car because he was sitting in the seat before Chesney got there and he wanted her to move. She said she was there first, I say just get in the car, we wait for a couple of minutes and I start to get out of the car and Chesney decided to change seats.
"no, nasty talk to each other."

I get home, and am waiting on Sissy to walk home from school so we can get her glasses exchanged for some that actually fit her face, all the kids wanted to go with me so I loaded everyone up, we get to WalMart Eye Center where I am getting a copy of the receipt from the last visit - the kids are going in and out of the door, in and out so I tell them to sit down in the chair. The girl at the counter runs out of paper and then cannot find the replacement paper so I told her I would go next door and come back.
I get into the lenses department, tell the boys and Chsney to sit on the bench outside the department; Trey rolls his eyes at me a couple of times, but they all went and sat down, meanwhile Sissy is trying on glasses and finally found a pair that she can wear; she tells Chesney that they look like they have zebra stripes on the sides; as I am checking out, I tell the girls to sit on one bench and the boys to sit on another/ Trey sighs again, Chesney wants to know if she can sit on the other bench because she doesn't want to sit with the boys but she doesn't want to sit by Sissy either so she stands.
I leave there after it taking 15 min just to get the CSM to hit the button so I could get the receipt, go get the other receipt and leave.
As I am walking out the door the boys tattled on Chesney and said she was mad at Sissy because of her glasses having a zebra print on the side. (Chesney started the zebra fad in our house and feels as if it is hers alone).
We get in the car, I turned around told Chesney that she had no right to get mad, she should be glad that we didn't pick a pair that looked identical to hers.

Well I had to go to the library to drop off some books and movies, otherwise I would have taken them all home.

Get to the library, my college advisor called as I was parking, so I told the kids to take the books in and I would be right there.
Chesney comes out and says the librarian needs to talk to me...all I could think of was 'oh please tell me my kids haven't done something in the library' so I asked my counselor to call me back and I went inside.
Well the movie was not in the case. So I had to load up the kids, go home, look for the movie, and go back to the library.
Finally get inside, give her the movie have the kids go get themselves a book I got a couple of books and am at the counter checking everything out.
First. all my kids want a library card. so I am filling out the cards for them and the boys and sissy are goofing off, being loud and I tell them to be quiet. No sooner do I turn around they are stomping on each others feet, talking loudly so I turn around again, said all of yall go sit right over there on the floor do not talk just sit and wait.
Meanwhile there is a huge line behind me, I am trying to find out about some books that i need ordered, chesney's card is blocked have to get that straightened out and she wants a book put on hold for her.
I am trying to take care of all of this, get the cards finished, take care of Chesney, and am still having to turn around and get on to the kids.
I finally get done, apologize to the woman and we leave.


DO YOU KNOW WHY I AM UPSET AT YOU?
YES
WHY?
because we were acting up in the library.
WHY ELSE?
because you asked us to stop and we didn't
SO WHAT I AM GOING TO DO IS GROUND ALL OF YOU TO YOUR ROOMS FOR A WEEK.
YOU EMBARRASSED ME IN THE LIBRARY AND AT WALMART, I ASKED YOU SEVERAL TIMES TO STOP AND YOU DIDN'T AND I AM TIRED OF DEALING WITH YA'LL NOT LISTENING TO ME. SO YOU ARE GROUNDED.

Walked out into the hallway a couple of time and had to sit them down and explain to them what grounded to your room meant. (NO PLAYING IN HALLWAY, OR ANY OTHER ROOM IN THE HOUSE BUT YOUR OWN, ONLY ALLOWED TO LEAVE IF YOU HAVE TO GO TO THE BATHROOM AND IF IT BECOMES A HABIT YOU WILL HAVE TO ASK ME PERMISSION. ANYTHING ELSE HAS TO BE ASKED IF YOU ARE ABLE TO DO IT.) Now if I catch you out of your room one more time you will have either another day added to your grounding or I will start taking items out of your room. Your choice.

Didn't hear from anyone for the rest of the night.

whew!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment