Thursday, September 16, 2010

9-15-10

So I had a meeting this morning at 8:30 am with the Athletic Coach at Maypearl...due to the volleyball schedule and issues with the coaches where Chesney is concerned. So I took the kids to school instead of their dad, now let me explain that because my kids fight over who is going to sit in the front seat I have assigned days for each kid, and it lasts all day long. Well Eli thought it was his day, Chesney said it was her day, so I am sitting in the car waiting on Eli to get in the car, trying to figure out who is right.
Eli refuses to get in the car, 'I am not going to school if I have to sit in the back it is my turn.'
I call their dad either to get him to tell them to knock it off or something....just something....
Finally, Chesney gets out of the car and gets in the back seat and we proceed to school....while i am telling them not to say nasty stuff to each other.

Christy (sister) brings them home after school and since it is Wednesday they all go to their other parents house; so I swing by my ex's no one is there, go by the babysitters pick up Sissy. Go home. Drop everyone off, tell Chesney I will be right back, had to go to the bank for mom.

Went back home, plopped on my bed exhausted and tried to figure out if I wanted to take a nap, read a book or just stare at the ceiling...till the kids went away. Well ended up taking a nap...
Got woke up by Chesney saying that Sissy was crying....so I pulled myself together and by that time Sissy was knocking on my door..so I asked her what was up and why was she crying...

She wanted to call her mother to see if she was getting picked up...I said yes you are getting picked up and she should be here in the next 30 min....what else is wrong.., she said, 'I am bored and I want to watch a movie in the boys room. and I thought about it for a min and said, ' No, you are grounded to your room for what you decided to do in the library, it was not my choice to act up and it wasn't my choice to disobey, it was your choice not to listen and you have to take responsibility for your actions and your punishment for disobeying me several times was being grounded to your room, the whole point is so you are bored and you remember what you did so maybe you wont do it again, so no, you are grounded to your room just like the boys are grounded to theirs.
So not happy but obeying she went back into her room.
I went and checked on her and the boys a little while later and she is making necklaces with her jewelry kit and the boys are watching a movie, well Chesney was in there....
What I should have said was, Chesney get out because they are grounded. What I did instead (and I will explain my reasoning) was tell Sissy she could watch a movie with them but only for today.
First, they are all going to the other parent where my discipline actions are not going to be backed up at the ex-wife, my ex will back me up...but is it fair to have Eli still grounded when the other two are getting off scott free ? no, it really isn't, so that was fine, parents showed up shortly afterwards anyways.
They left and I did a few running around things, and came home....

not too bad today...

No comments:

Post a Comment